Thursday, January 30, 2020

How do I publish my most read articles sections?

I'm using an Auto-encoder built into Blogspot (blogger.com) so when I go to my "New Post" if I click on my handle (the name I use for my blog) that takes me to where it says (vertically down on the left side)
Posts
Stats (and if you have clicked on stats often it says under stats)
Overview
posts
traffic sources
audience

So, if you click overview it opens up into a new page but if you head down that page to where it says posts then you will automatically see the top 5 articles of the last week. But, if you then click the little "more" button it will give you the top 10 of the last week. At the top of this page it also says from left to right
now- day- week- month- all time
These are also link (or word buttons) which will give you what people are reading now or today or this week or month or all time. However, be sure to look at the date it gives when you do this because you might need to refresh it for todays exact date instead of last week sometime or yesterday for the most up to date figures.

When I first went into my stats pages I was very very very surprised at what people actually chose to read because it was completely different than I would have imagined. But, if you think about it awhile it might make more sense to you. What often happens is one person gets excited about some article you wrote and then they tell their friends about a specific article. Then their friends might get excited about it and then tell their friends too. So, to you or me what they are excited about might make no sense at all to us but this is exactly how the internet actually works when your articles go viral. The most viral article I ever had was:
The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
This is just a quote from an article someone else wrote but because of the subject matter 39,352 people have read this article at my site so far and more read it every day ongoing.

No comments: