Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Because this is an International Blog I had to stop the comments section of my blog

Why?
I would get stuff in other languages and post it not knowing what it said so finally I started running everything through Google Translate and realized most of it was people advertising women to be with for sexual favors in various countries. I didn't want that on my website in ANY language and so I realized the best way to deal with so many comments was to eliminate the problem before it happened. I felt bad about doing this but I didn't have the time to translate all the comments that were coming to this site from all over the world. You can imagine how bad it got when you hear that at one point I was getting at most about 100,000 visits to my site every month and that I have had almost 2.5 million visits to this site over time. Since I don't get paid for any of this I have to be judicious with my time.

First, with this site I stopped trying to program in HTML like I did with my first Yahoo Geocities site in 1999 until 2007 when I started this site. Then also in 1999 I bought a site at Yahoo business when Geocities was shut down called dragonofcompassion.com which I still have. Here is a link for easier access to it.

http://dragonofcompassion.com/

At the top of this page are all the links (word buttons) to this site. What is written here was written between 1980 and the present but mostly between 1980 and 2015 or so. After my burst appendix operation I found it useful to start slowing down a little in my writing. Though I'm a very adaptable person there is such a thing as medical PTSD that accompanies operations you might have sometimes. Some people are adaptable and they live and others are not adaptable and don't survive these times in their lives.

I have always considered myself to be a survivor which was more common in the 1950s. In the 1950s I would say there were "ONLY" survivors because of the harshness of people's lives then. Now it is more possible to not be a survivor and to live to 30, 40, or 50 or even 60 before something takes you out. But, being a survivor is sort of genetic and diet and mental and emotional disposition. You tend to be a core a little Wilder than other people. You have more of what allows animals to survive in the wilds even though you are domesticated too. But, at core you are different than people who are just domesticated to the core and that's it.

I think this comes from walking alone in the forest or along an abandoned beach and hiking for miles alone in various wilderness places in the U.S. or around the world. This communion with wild places allows this wildness to survive in you as well throughout your lives and will tend to increase your lifespans worldwide.

I have come face to face with bears and many other wild things along the way and this has changed me a lot too.

No comments: