Monday, July 6, 2020

Grand Canyon experiences

A few years ago my wife and I were traveling with our oldest daughter and we visited Yosemite National Park and the Grand Canyon. We happened to be there when the sun was going to set and about 100 or more people were gathering on a rock outcropping with about a 300 foot drop and then you might keep bouncing thousands of feet down into the canyon to your death.

I was watching the people sit on the edge and noticed they weren't thinking straight a lot and some people were close to being pushed off the edge to their deaths. So, I walked over to my daughter who was right on the edge and asked her to move further into the crowd for safety.

This particular day and sunset no one died but I found people being very "out of body" and maybe it is the virtual experience of laptops and cell phones are permanently altering the way people perceive reality.

So maybe we need to expect many more people to fall off the rim of the Grand Canyon to their deaths than we did in the past because of this lack of safety awareness in high places.

No comments: