Saturday, August 29, 2020

The Adapted child is a response to Traumas in one's childhood

It is the way a person as a child protects themselves through traumas whether they be deaths in the family or medical conditions or abuse from others. But, these responses tend to go on the rest of one's life if not corrected at some point by Self Parenting and self redirecting and comforting.

In the early 2000s I went through a course in Peer counseling and learned to redirect and to self parent to overcome non-useful responses to childhood abuses and childhood traumas including medical ones.

The most valuable part of this peer counseling course of two levels that was done in a church with a group of about 60 men for me personally was the way I learned not to project my problems onto my wife. I learned to say to myself: "NO! That's my shit not hers!" And this allowed my wife and I to stay together because I wasn't projecting my problems onto her when she didn't deserve them.

She also did this course only with women and it allowed us both to stay together now for 26 years raising our daughter and my older children from previous marriages and getting them all through college one by one.

Learning to address your adapted child for many people is truly a matter of life and death. For others it is a matter of "Can they be in ANY relationship full time?" If you don't address childhood traumas that caused your adapted child often you are alone the rest of your life because people cannot deal with all the unsolved problems in your life.

So, often death, suicide or being unhappy the rest of one's life is the result of not dealing with your adapted child properly.

So, if you can find the time learn to heal yourselves and be happy.j

By God's Grace


One of the Adapted Child Triggers for the next 20 years or so will be around the coronavirus responses worldwide just like World War II problems were around deaths and woundings worldwide.

Everyone who survives the coronavirus will be wounded in some way by those who didn't survive it.

No comments: