Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Music on Christmas Eve

My wife like 1950s and 1960s Christmas music with the old artists singing around Christmas time which is what her mother and father listened to this time of year. Some times I have a hard time listening to this stuff because it reminds me of my mother and father too but mostly I prefer not to listen to Christmas music during a Crisis like this one. I prefer to have my guard up.

But, tonight listening to the 1950s and 1960s music I realized that I should go play Christmas music on the piano for my wife and daughter and son in law. So, I sat down and played Christmas music for about 1/2 an hour for them like I used to most years in the past. This was a nice experience. I started taking piano lessons when I was 8 until I was 16 so I was pretty good and I can still sight read pretty good even now if I have sheets of music to play from. 

No comments: