Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Christmas!

I have often wondered why English people say "Happy Christmas" and Americans say "Merry Christmas".

It seems to me that it should be the opposite because Merry is very English and Happy seems like something an American would say.

But, now that I have been Saying "Merry Christmas" all my life to people I have grown used to it and continue to do it. But, Sometimes because the world is very eclectic and I don't live out in the country where every one goes to church but in suburbia near a larger city I will say "Happy Holidays" if I'm not sure it would be appropriate to say "Merry Christmas" to whoever I'm speaking to because it usually isn't worth it to offend people who never say "Merry Christmas" either.

But, I notice almost everyone is Grateful people are saying "Merry Christmas!" this year.

And I hear almost every time now a sigh of relief whenever I say "Merry Christmas" because of the insanity of the last year or so.

Merry Christmas! Everyone!

No comments: