Friday, July 12, 2024

Tibetan Rugs are used for wall hangings, Horse Saddles, though most commonly as a seating carpet

begin partial quote from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_rug

Tibetan rugs are traditionally made from Tibetan highland sheep's wool, called changpel. Tibetans use rugs for many purposes ranging from flooring to wall hanging to horse saddles, though the most common use is as a seating carpet.

end quote. 

At the time I bought this from carpet makers directly in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh State, India they told me I believe or I improperly assumed they were made of Yak Wool. However, here it says that they are made of Tibetan Sheep which also might be true. I suppose it might be possible that both are true or were true at that time in 1986. I haven't returned to India or Nepal since then because I was always raising children even then in 1986 I was raising a 10 year old, a 12 year old and a 14 year old. Since then I have two more biological daughters and an adopted daughter as well.

However, my Blue Dragon Tibetan Carpet has always been very important to me in my life because it reminds me of all the amazing experiences and blessings (Darshan) that I and my family received in India and Nepal from all the amazing people we met there.

At the time, it was as different as going to another planet completely than earth. There is no real way to describe our experiences there that would make sense to most people of today here in 2024.

Amazing experiences!

No comments: