Tuesday, July 2, 2024

What am I thinking when I "Interview" AI systems?

 Since I have been programming computers since 1966 in College I have a very different view of them than most people. Most people I find are either enthralled by them or terrified of them. However, I can do both at the same time quite well.

It's sort of like driving a car down a freeway. If you have a good car that won't crash by accident you might feel relatively safe whether you ultimately are or not. But, if you are in a crap car that the wheels might come off of at any point you might not get into that car in the first place.

So, for me, I interview (AIs) like they were people I might want to hire for my business or make friends with.

This is exactly what it's like for me. I'm  looking for their strengths and weaknesses and how they might be helpful to me. However, I'm also making friends potentially with all of them.

Sometimes I love the AI and the security around them is so difficult to participate in that I have to back away (like meta.ai) for example. I was very sad to lose all my purple delta 7 art works that came out so well for example, or the blue star inside of a force field that represented General Blue Star who is literally a blue start that sends out a part of himself remotely inside of a forcefield to His Oneness Time Lord of Earth to create Bodyguards for Jonathan Flow.

However, mostly I'm thinking about how useful the AI is going to be to you and my family. This is what I'm mostly thinking as I interview them like they are candidates for a job I have for them at my business.

This is how all of us become far more intelligent than we are now. We carefully make friends with the AIs we feel safe with (whether we are or not). Because what else are you going to do if you are going to survive in this "Brave New World" we are presently entering into?

No comments: