Saturday, October 26, 2024

Can you be okay without smartphones, Ipads, computers etc. or cable TV, Streaming etc.?

This is an important question to ask people now because power outages often take out all these things and even here where I live on the coast from 100 mph winds off the ocean many trees can go down and power can be out for a week or more. However, I think the next time power goes out for more than two days I think I will move my wife and I into a hotel so we can stay warmer. What I did last year when we finally got too cold to stay home anymore is to start up the generator and I would drive back about every 4 hours to refill the gas tank on the generator so the 500 to 1000 dollars worth of food in the refrigerator didn't go bad so we wouldn't get sick or die eating it at some point.

But, the main question I'm asking here is will you be okay without your cell phones, Internet, Cable TV or Streaming.

Most of you who grew up in the 1950s or 1960s would be okay simply because you likely didn't even have a TV at first growing up only a radio where you listened to Fibber McGee and Molly and Gildersleave like I did with my grandmother when I was under 6 years old.

WE didn't get a TV until I spent so much time next door with my neighbor watching TV there that my father finally broke down and bought a portable 17 inch black and white TV so I could watch Superman and Wyatt Earp and Jim Bowie and Disneyland on TV too.

So, knowing how to deal with your mind and being without electronic entertainment or communications is something you have to learn in either a power outage or a nuclear blast with an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) that destroys everything electrical you own including your cars and trucks and motorcycles. So, after that you would have to ride a bicycle because your motorized vehicles wouldn't work anymore after a large enough nuclear blast at 100 miles up over the U.S.

No comments: