Wednesday, October 23, 2024

“Fortune befriends the bold.” – Emily Dickinson

I have found this to be somewhat true in my life and the lives of people around me.

There is another statement that is often true too: "There are the quick and the lonely" this often is also true.

I wasn't afraid of girls or women like most boys and men were simply because I liked women because my mother and her mother were very kind and helpful to me growing up. So, even though some women cannot be trusted I usually gave them all the benefit of the doubt until they proved me wrong and then I would get out of their lives as an act of self preservation.

Yes. Fortune befriends the bold.

However, if you are bold you shouldn't become a pilot (airline or bush pilot) because the saying:

"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots."

This is true too.

To be a pilot you don't want to be bold like I was you need to be very methodical about everything because flying is very very unforgiving (even if you have a parachute and are wearing it at the time).

 begin quote:

No comments: