I was really surprised that the only thing I had to do to get rid of edema was to give up gluten.
Now, I cannot guarantee that the same thing will happen to you if you give up all gluten but it might. I found out I'm not the only one this has happened to.
The advantage of this of course is that you don't have to take "Lasix" or otherwise known as Furosemide which a friend of mine believes caused his girlfriend to develop senile dementia. The problem with Furosemide is that sometimes at night you will have hallucinations. I'm not sure why but it might have to do with how it dries you out and makes you urinate a lot.
Also, this means you don't have to take Potassium with it too so you don't die from the Furosemide too (if you are also somewhat allergic to Gluten like I obviously was.
About 10 or 15 years ago I tried giving up gluten but then people replaced gluten a lot with Rice Flour and the problem with this is that rice has too high a sugar content (the way the body processes it) and I wound up becoming pre-diabetic so I gave that up then.
But, now, so many other grains are used to replace Gluten like Almond Flour and Oat Flour that this isn't the problem it was then. There are even cauliflower Pizza crusts you can get often at places that make take out pizza now too and I have done this and they are pretty good usually too.
So, anyway if you have edema you should try going without all gluten (anything with wheat in it) for a couple of weeks to see if your edema partially or fully goes away like mine did.
I asked: How long have humans been eating wheat and here is the answer I got:
begin quote:
- 30,000+ years ago: Early humans used primitive stone tools to collect and grind wild grains.
- 14,400 years ago: Hunter-gatherers in the Lifespa region baked wild cereals into early forms of bread before farming began.
- Eating raw or roasted wild seeds.
- Boiling whole kernels into basic soups or porridges.
No comments:
Post a Comment