Sunday, October 4, 2026

Trying to find the right person to spend the rest of your life with?

 I was married twice before I met my present wife when I was 46 years old and going through a particularly awful divorce around that time too.

However, "Third time is the Charm I guess". 

My Cousin who got married in 1969 and was able to stay with his wife all these years (they are in their 80s now) said, "You just kept trying until you got it right!" which is likely the best way to put it.

I never gave up on life or marriage or family I just had to keep going until a really long term relationship could work.

People have said to me things like: "If you met each other at age 46 then there is still hope for me" which is true.

How did we meet each other? We both prayed for someone exactly like the other in our lives.

And both of our prayers were granted by God within a couple of weeks of us making this prayer.

She was working part time as a barrista in a Book STore that also sold coffee and stuff like this on the northern California coast then in 1994 in December then.

It took me about a month or two to get her to go out with me. She thought I was married to a lady I brought there to the book store but we were not even dating and just had met at church that evening and she recommended going to this place for Tea so we could talk. However, when my present wife came to wait on us I knew within a few minutes of meeting her that I wanted to date her (at the very least). I knew I had at least 3 months with her before things could get serious and I was right about this. Then when she finally realized (after a month that I wasn't married to the lady she saw me with that I wasn't even dating she took me to her home that evening when she got off of work because she was worried about me because I wasn't doing well during my divorce and I had lost a lot of weight from not eating because I was very upset about having to get divorced. Then I brought my then 5 year old daughter to meet her and she realized I was a father of (two biological Children. In 1994 I had a biological Son that I had raised who was 20 then but now is 52 years old in 2026 and lives in Oregon.

I wasn't sure it all could work long term for a variety of reasons but then she got pregnant and I realized this relationship could actually work and it has now since December of 1994 and we got married at the Chapel in Yosemite national Park because it was in Yosemite that we both had first really met God.

I think many people find God for the First time in Yosemite national Park because people say things like this from all over the world. People also say this about Going to Mt. Shasta here in California too.

By God's Grace 

No comments: