It's not that I didn't own guns it's that I had chosen not to shoot one since the 1980s. IN fact, the last time I had to shoot anything was a Green Mohave Sidewinder Rattlesnake trying to go inside a house with a whole bunch of people inside. I didn't feel I had a choice then because it's venom is 9 times more problematic than a rattlesnake which is why most people bitten by a Green Mohave Rattlesnake die because if they are given the Anti-Venom for a Diamondback Rattlesnake they will die because they likely need 9 times more. This little Green Sidewinder looks pretty harmless until you are dead from it's bite.
It's likely that's the last thing I had to kill with my then 9 shot .22 Remington Revolver which I kept in a World War II officer's pistol holster then. And so I just stood back and fired several shots to keep myself and my family and friends alive as the snake tried to go inside of the house where everyone was.
So, by 1980 I didn't really ever want to shoot anything at all partly because I had taken Ahimsa Vows of Harmlessness to All beings as a spiritual Vow. However, the reality is that i still have to kill small centipedes that make it somehow into our house on the coast because we live in a forest where wild creatures live like Mountain lions, Raccoons, Wood Rats, Wood Mice and Skunks and other things live too here on the Northern California coast.
The point I'm trying to make here is that in 1980 I was worried our government was going to go bankrupt from all the financial excesses of the Viet Nam War. However, I didn't realized how we had made so many friends around the world that the world (mostly Europe and Japan) would loan us money to stay economically viable through the 1980s.
So, because I was newly married to my 2nd wife then and 32 and raising my two step kids from her first marriage as well as my own son from my first marriage who in 1980 would have been 5 years old but he is now 52 years old today. And I'm not 32 anymore I'm 78 and living in a nice home on the northern California Coast that is paid for which is nice. (Especially because my wife's best friends daughter and husband both have great jobs but cannot figure a way to buy a house here in California. (only 55% of people in California can even begin to think about owning a house realistically in the present market of just how expensive. For example, you likely aren't going to be able (very easily) buy a house for under 1 million dollars mostly along the entire coast of California from San Diego to the Oregon Border these days.
So, many many many families if they want to own a house here in California can't afford to do this. In Fact, a good friend who has worked for us since 2014 cleaning our house and cooking for us said that the latest for a 1 bedroom that is decent to rent in our area is now $3500 a month. Now That's pretty crazy in itself. However, a 1 bedroom in Portland you can get for around $1300 a month to show you one of the differences between California and other states.
So, the point I think I'm trying to make here is that in 1980 I was a survivalist but no longer into shooting Guns at all because I had taken Ahimsa Vows of harmlessness to all living things in the universe.
But, like I said before Centipedes and house Flies and mosquitos and spiders (especially poisonous ones) you have to protect your family from or you just aren't around anymore.
So, you have to be practical about all these vows or else you just aren't around anymore.
At that time in 1980 when I believed the government was going bankrupt (maybe a little like now) from Trump and his minions) where it reminds me more of 2008 before the Great Recession I bought non-perishable food (like my wife did recently) (about 500 to 1000 dollars worth) because she was worried about an impending Trucker's and Farmer's strike because of Diesel prices. However, that didn't happen so now we have all this non-perishable food for any emergency that arises where we could be okay through a power outage for example for several months as long as we had water.
The next few months October to December 2026 I'm worried about because all the signs are not good for what is going to happen potentially during these times. So, from my point of view at present I think everyone should likely buy 500 to 1000 dollars worth of non-perishable food too to survive until January 2027 when things might settle down or either that or get worse.
So, like the Great Recession there are many warning signs in the air right now and here are some of them:
begin quote from Google AI:
- Non-Bank Lending: Risk has migrated from traditional banks to opaque private credit and non-depository institutions.
- Household Debt: Reached record highs over $18 trillion, significantly eclipsing the $12.7 trillion recorded in 2008.
- Debt-to-GDP Distortions: Unproductive credit expansion strains consumer cash flows relative to real wage growth.
- Your asset allocation (stocks, cash, real estate)
- Your time horizon for needing these funds
No comments:
Post a Comment