Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hands Free Phones in Cars are safe

For example, I have a new Toyota Tundra Truck that I bought last spring. I programmed all my closest family and friends into it's hands free verbally, and so all I have to do to talk to someone is to push a button on my steering wheel and say, "Dial By Name", push the button again and say "the name" and then push the same button on the steering wheel and say "Dial" and it dials. This connects via bluetooth to my phone in my pocket on in a pocket of the car and when someone answers I talk to them. If someone calls me I hear the ring and push a button on my steering wheel and say "hello" and start talking. I think this is  easy and doesn't interfere at all with my driving anymore than talking to someone in my car does. In fact, I would say eating or drinking anything in my car interferes with my driving more than this particular hands free device does. So, taking away the right to make or receive phone calls from people with hands free devices in their cars that they paid for when they got the car isn't fair. And if they are going to take away this then they should pay us back the money we paid for the hands free devices in the cars or trucks we bought.

No comments: