Monday, December 19, 2011

Mary, the Mother of Jesus


Mary, the Mother of Jesus

When I was growing up my mother read me a spiritual book called, “Blessed Among Women” which was about the spiritual training of Mary to become the Mother of Jesus. My mother always identified with her as a young woman and sort of saw herself like Mary when I was born and raised me thinking that I was “Special” in many ways like Jesus was and is. Though this is a lot to lay on any child, I look back and see this in many ways as a kind of blessing in my life. I came to see myself as a little child as a living “Miracle” and so as I survived “Whooping cough” and then at 10 to 15 “Blunt Trauma childhood epilepsy, and then at age 49 and 50 a Heart Virus. So each time I almost died for a month or years I tended to see myself as a miracle that God had created and someone like a Lazarus who had come back from the dead by God’s Grace on many occasions. And as I moved through life I saw people die and their lives ended from what seemed like much smaller problems than I had already lived through. So, I came to see that God and Jesus and Mary and the angels must have plans for me. And so I lived on knowing this always.

When Mary appeared to me in my daughter’s tree house I realized this once again. My daughter, who was 5 years old then, had talked me into staying in her tree house with her even though inside the main house her mother and her new boyfriend were their with my older stepdaughter. My wife and I had broken up for the last time a few months earlier but my feelings were still raw. However, I have always tended to be a very self disciplined person but this latest situation was really trying my patience but I knew I had to stay strong for my 5 year old daughter.

When my now ex-wife and I had broken up I had gone to a local Wilderness area with camping gear with the idea of fasting until I died. I fasted on water for about 4 days until God came to me in a vision and explained that it didn’t really matter what happened to me, but that I needed to stop fasting and to legally and physically protect my daughter because something was seriously wrong with my wife at that time.

So, as I packed up my tent and gear into my backpack I knew I might not survive what was coming in my life but I had to never the less protect my daughter from harm, legally and in any other way I could.

So, as I spent the night with my daughter in her tree house I made for her, Mary the Mother of Jesus came to me and said, “Everything will be okay, Fred. Honor my words and protect your daughter from harm. Stay centered. I will be there to help you and guide you all the way through this.” So, even though I felt my life and my daughter’s life were completely out of control I honored this visitation by Mary the Mother of Jesus and her angels into my life and my daughter’s life.

A few months later after praying to be with the right person in my life, I met my next wife. She immediately fell in love with my 5 year old daughter and I and I saw that pretty soon that I might get married again within a year or so after my divorce was finalized. Because my hands tend to swell up
 at night I found that I can’t wear rings 24 hours a day like I used to like when I was in my teens and 20s. So when we were going together we both wore silver “Miraculous Medals”

If you want to read more about how the miraculous medal came about  click above.

When my present wife and I decided to get married we both decided to wear Gold miraculous medals in place of my ring. So she wears both a wedding diamond ring and a miraculous medal of gold and I wear a miraculous medal of gold but not a ring because my fingers swell up at night and would turn purple with a ring on it by morning. So, we were married in 1995 at the Chapel in Yosemite National Park in California.

Both my present wife and I have noticed an incredible amount of God’s Grace in our lives since we have worn these miraculous medals. I have never experienced anything quite like it. It is sort of like living in a heaven realm on earth. Before we married my wife introduced me to a friend of hers who was a Catholic Nun. So, she kept giving us gifts of things like 1000 Nuns praying for us. I really experienced the difference of all these blessings. Though I wasn’t raised a Catholic I have always believed that “God is where you find Him, Her, The Being” So, I believe if God’s Grace comes to you it is right and proper to always be grateful for God’s blessings in your life. And so I have been very Grateful to God, to Jesus and to Mary and her Angels for Bringing God’s Grace into my life in such an abundant way.

Lately, I have felt sort of overwhelmed by the sadness and death in the world. For some reason the flooding in the Philippines with likely a 1000 or more dead and drowned overnight was just too much for me. I woke up this morning and started praying to Mary by giving the “Hail Mary”. I once again felt the strength of Mother Mary flow into me. Since my own mother passed away in 2008 I have no physical mother to turn to for solace anymore. So, I am very grateful for Mary, the Mother of Jesus to be there to comfort me in my hour of need.

So, when my present wife and two daughters (the one then 5 is now almost 23) and my new daughter is now almost 16, went to Paris, France October before last we stayed in Saint Germain En Laye at the Hotel De Suede in and near the Historical District there. However, we did not realize almost until we were about to take the TGV (high speed train) to Nice, France on the Cote D'Azure (French Riviera) that we were within walking distance of the Catholic Church where Catherine Laboure (now Saint Catherine) had her visitation with Mother Mary. So, we found the church on Rue du Bac nearby. Also, this particular area is within walking distance ( a mile or 2) from the Louvre, the historical art museum with the Mona Lisa there and lots of other stuff.

As we entered the church the supernatural energy of this church was nothing like I had experienced anywhere in any Christian Church before. Angels walked right up to me and talked to me and told me what to do. I realized I was in one of the most sacred places on earth right then and knew how extremely important it was to do what the angels said. So, I behaved in an extremely respectful manner to all present both in the material and in the spiritual world. Also present is the non-decomposing body of Catherine Laboure and one other female Saint Both up next to the alter so you can observe their bodies. Since Saint Catherine passed away in the 1800s and since her body hasn't decomposed yet it is a sign of her Sainthood and of the truth of the Miraculous Medal.

No comments: