Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Advice from a 69 year old?

12 to 30: Don't be road kill
In other words don't die because your friends are bad.
Make decisions to stay alive for yourself, your family
and your good friends. Don't die just because your friends
are suicidal.

30 to 40 and beyond:
Just remember your kids grow up and often move away.
If they stay with you the rest of your life that might
be both a good thing and a very bad thing by the way.

50 and beyond
If your ducks aren't all in a row: relationships, friends, money, retirement funds
Life can be hell. But

If all your ducks are in a row life can really begin for you at 40 to 50.

My life sort of began when I almost died for 8 months at age 50.

When you think you likely are dying for 8 months that changes you a lot.

For me, I was grateful for every moment I still had left.

I'm still that way now almost 20 years later at 69.

Luckily my ducks were in a row enough to have most of my life still ahead of me.

Life is mostly a fluke I find.

I never expected to grow up because of Whooping cough at 2 and then Blunt Trauma childhood epilepsy at 10 to 15.

Then what almost killed me kept me out of  the Viet Nam War.

In 1994 a children's book described what my life has been mostly like for me:



Fortunately

by Remy Charlip, Charlip
Fortunately, Ned was invited to a surprise party.
Unfortunately, the party was a thousand miles away.
Fortunately, a friend loaned Ned an airplane.
Unfortunately, the motor exploded.
Fortunately, there was a parachute in the airplane.
Unfortunately, there was a hole in the parachute.
What else could go wrong as Ned tries to get to the party? Readers will cheer as Ned's luck turns from good to bad to good again, while clever illustrations tell the story of his wacky adventure and narrow escapes.
end quote from: barnes and Noble's site for "Fortunately" a children's book.
So, my life was sort of like this always.
Death seemed to be always looking over my shoulder.

But what I always found was that death wasn't my enemy it was always my friend.
In some ways life is the enemy because only in a body do you create karma.

So, being very careful you create good karma not accidentally bad karma. Help as many people
as you can including yourself. Just feeling guilty because you are still healthy and alive when others
are not doesn't do anyone any good including you. Life is dangerous! Embrace it!
Live each moment to it's fullest. Love your loves. Live your lives.

You might only get one chance at this after all. So, live and love and travel the world while you can.

By God's Grace
 

No comments: