Thursday, January 16, 2020

I was thinking of driving north for skiing today

However, because Interstate 5 is closed northbound I'm thinking that's not a good idea. My friend said he thought at the very least 5 would be closed northbound  (like it presently is) from about 5 am to at least 10 am or later depending upon what happens. If cars are stuck in the snow from last night  overnight they will have to be towed away somewhere for traffic to pass so it could easily be closed northbound all day.

Later note: I just talked with my friend in Mt. Shasta. He said a Semi had jack knifed northbound so no one is moving until the semi is cleared from the two north bound lanes of Interstate 5. But, he also said it is raining in Yreka too which is strange but true. I think there is one to two feet of snow presently in the little town of Mt. Shasta. My friend was able to track out his car this morning and last night so he can still get off his 2 1/2 acres there into town. But, you likely need an all wheel drive or chains now to get around Mt. Shasta or the freeway or a 4 wheel drive of some sort if you want to be safe and not just be sliding around a lot.

I was looking at a video weather map live and I noticed one little green spot about where Yreka is surrounded by the light blue of snowfall in the Trinities, southern Oregon and northern Sierras. The rain where I am is coming down now like cats and dogs out of the sky by the way. The wind is blowing about over 20 to 25 miles per hour with gusts up to 40 or beyond. When I drove the ocean this morning earlier the rainbow was beautiful over many white caps with larger waves too. I could barely walk into the wind which was then a constant 40 to 50 miles per hour by the way along the coast heading mostly from south to north. I had to take my hat off or it would blow away and lean way into the wind to make good progress and put my head down to even move forward barely at all.
Still raining cats and dogs as I write this with wind blowing a lot too. Here is a lot like it looked today.Image result for rainbows over the ocean

No comments: