Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nature Spirits

Some people who live in suburbia or the big city are not comfortable in the wilderness or out in the country. When I see people who don't understand the wilderness it always makes me sad.

For me, even as a child I came to see the wilderness and normal and natural and the way things should be and civilization as abnormal. So, to me, the wilderness was sane and civilization was basically insane. I haven't really changed my mind much about this over the years. But the real problem is that there is a whole lot less wilderness and now instead of 1 or 2 billion people on earth there are now about 7 billion or more. So, unfortunately because of the loss of so much wildness and wilderness the world has actually gotten in some ways more insane than when I grew up. It's true that many people have much more evolved notions of what nature is all about than when I grew up but there are also many more people who seem to have no idea whatsoever about what is going on inside themselves and how all this relates to nature.

So, sometimes I tell people that one day there will be no trees in the wild in nature on earth. Though I hope this is never the case I also see it as the natural progression of the insanity of mankind in such a state of overpopulation as we have now on earth.

Whatever we all do we now do together. So if we can't join together to make useful decisions then it's over for nature on earth and soon after that it likely will be over for all the rest of us too.

While I was in the Mt. Shasta area I watched many nature spirits try to communicate with me. I hadn't been in such an open state as an intuitive since 1992 when I last lived in the Mt. Shasta area. I was really amazed how much the nature spirits trusted me now as a 62 year old and how much they seemed to expect from me. The water spirits on Castle Lake came to me. The Eagle eating the fish on Medicine Lake was there for me. The Blue Jay spirits eating at the bird feeder I filled alongside the house we rented made it known that the nature spirits of the area welcomed us as soon as we put food out for them and created a circle of life thereby.

Then I saw something I had never seen before in Mt. Shasta a 50 foot tall wind tornado that formed as I drove by on the railroad tracks and then enveloped my car and blew leaves into the passenger window of the car. I realized how intensely the nature spirits wanted my attention to write to all of you and to tell you how very concerned they are about the survival of life on earth.

The precedent of what is happening in the Gulf of Mexico and the precedent of Global warming has tipped the balance scale and I don't think we are going back ever to something people are going to like here on earth for a long long time if ever. The nature spirits are very frightened for all life on earth. The nature spirits of water and air and earth and fire are all as old as the planet. To them we are little babies that have fallen out of our crib and who are in danger. They are warning us to save us and them before it is too late. Nature spirits are immortal whereas our dna and bodies are not. As long as earth exists they will too. Anyone who can think straight can see the future is in jeapordy for their children and themselves. So, it is up to each one of us to save ourselves and our children and our dna and our environment so future humans can live at all.

No comments: