Saturday, July 23, 2011

Restless: The movie

Restless || A Sony Pictures Classics Release

www.sonyclassics.com/restless/ - Cached
From the director of 'Milk' and 'Good Will Hunting', Sony Pictures Classics presents 'Restless'

 

Restless HD 2011 Movie Trailer Gus Van Sant‏ - YouTube

I saw the previews to this movie and it took me back unexpectedly when I was contemplating my own suicide between the ages of 21 and 23 especially. However, it appears like the character in the movie, I also, found that people needed me and those people weren't just my parents but in addition to them. This was how I stayed alive in realizing that many people needed me to stay alive in their lives too. After this realization, I couldn't take my own life and stayed alive to take care of all of them. IN the process I took care of myself.

This movie appears to be about a boy preparing for suicide and then meeting a dying girl who becomes his friend and girlfriend. It has a similar theme in this sense to "Harold and Maude" a classic movie that also might interest you if you need to watch this genre of movie. I don't think Restless is a comedy but "Harold and Maude": the movie is a serious comedy of epic proportions and has a lot to say if you are interested on this subject.

Harold and Maude (1971) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/ - Cached
Directed by Hal Ashby. With Ruth Gordon, Bud Cort, Vivian Pickles, Cyril Cusack. Young, rich, and obsessed with death, Harold finds himself changed forever ...

Harold and Maude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_and_Maude - Cached
Harold and Maude is a 1971 American comedy film directed by Hal Ashby and released by Paramount Pictures. It incorporates elements of dark humor and ...


No comments: