Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Transistor Radio

If you grew up in the 1950s like me likely you owned a transistor radio. The one I had had a speaker so you could listen to music or radio or the always onerous earphones that always were breaking back then. So mostly you walked to school or down the street anywhere you went with your transistor radio up to your ear listening to the local rock and roll stations which then in Glendale California were KFWB and KRLA. If you were in these were the rock n roll stations you listened to. And if you were me any time advertisements came on either station you immediately switched to the other one to see if the top 40 hits were playing there so you could always smile as you walked down the street.

My daughter has always been a fan of Itunes but I don't like the idea of how they make your songs disappear after about 1 year. So if you haven't stored your digital recordings on either your ipod, iphone or better yet a digital CD for safekeeping, they tend to disappear never to be heard again by you or anyone around you. So, because of this I prefer to take CD albums and buy them because then at least you don't have to make any CD's of your itunes. Then you can download them to any media you want at will and they don't just suddenly disappear a year later off of your computer like Itunes tend to.

So, I finally learned today how to download my CD albums off of my Itunes library on my Macbook pro laptop onto my Ipod built into my Iphone4. Up until now I wanted to keep my storage memory for photos which burn up a lot of memory. But now with my new "transistor radio" I find myself walking around my large 2500 square feet plus house carrying my Iphone4 listening to it like a transistor Radio. In fact, as I write this I'm listening to an old Fleetwood Mac compilation album of their very best hit songs. What fun! and no earphone to bother with because my family is out this afternoon shopping. Again. What Fun to feel like it is the 70s or 80s when I was in my 20s and 30s once again! And on top of that to feel like I'm in the 1950s with my transistor radio blaring from the speaker once again. Good Times! A transistor radio with no commercials!

No comments: