Friday, July 29, 2011

Shasta Springs 1954

The head of my parents religion's name in 1954 was Mrs. Ballard. I was at Shasta Springs having just eaten dinner there. Mrs. Ballard had just gone into the main kitchen where meals were cooked for a thousands or more people attending the Conclave that year to compliment the cooks on the meal. On her way out of the kitchen I was playing cars with a little boy just outside the kitchen there nearby the dining tables at the 1700 to 2000 acre religious retreat. Before my parents religion bought it Teddy Roosevelt had come and stayed here in the early 1900s and had rode up the mountain on a tram from the Railroad tracks after coming there by train. It was a very famous resort around the turn of the century (late 1800s and early 1900s). I think the tram was still functional then in 1954 when I was 6 and people still rode down on it but I can't remember myself doing that. But I do remember seeing it in operation at least when I was 5 years old in 1953 during the 6 weeks my father and I stayed there while he did voluntary electrical work on Shasta springs and the Amphitheater where the pageant of the life of Christ is done every year in the Mt. Shasta on McCloud Ave. usually sometime in August of every year and is open to the public there usually on Sunday and sometimes on Friday and Saturday.

When I left my parents religion my concept of the universe was thousands and thousands of times smaller than it is now. Now both the universe and I have no limits. Neither of us has any potential limit whatsoever and neither do you.
Anyway, back when I was 6 and Mrs. Ballard walked by me she walked by and then walked back and said to me, "You will be the Boy Jesus in the pageants when you turn 12. I said, "Okay!" and went and told my parents. And sure enough in 1960 I was the boy Jesus in the pageant which was a pretty amazing and then when I was 15 I was an Angel of the Transfiguration and then in 1968 I was Archangel Gabriel who zapped the tomb of Jesus when he exploded out of there resurrected. The next year I was an Angel of Promise and the next year I had parted company with my parents church during the year I was 21. Though this break with the church almost took my life at the time it was probably one of the best things that ever happened to me long term. Without this break and all the pain it caused I wouldn't have become the compassionate seeker that I am now. I went from a somewhat close minded person who only thought (to some degree) that people in my own religion only would go to heaven to someone who accepts the fact that everyone creates their own heaven and hell all the time in all their thoughts and action. And now I experience first hand how there are probably thousands to millions of heavens surrounding the planet Earth. And likely there are thousands and millions of other heavens around other planets with intelligent life throughout the universe.

No comments: