Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lineage

Since most people I have met don't seem to understand what "Spiritual Lineage" is I thought I would write a little of what I know from personal experience about it.

I think a good way to start would be that the first people in our lives as children are usually if we are lucky our biological father and mother. This would be ones physical lineage and all ones biological relatives by blood would be your physical lineage. One could also include anyone adopted like a brother or sister, aunt or uncle or cousin or grandparent or some other relative in this.

But, spiritual lineage is a little different because you don't have to be related necessarily with someone to have "spiritual lineage" with them.

If I trace back to all my "Living spiritual Teachers" my first teacher other than my mother and father would have to be Mrs. Edna Ballard who was the wife of Mr. Guy W. Ballard. But, through the years more and more and more spiritual teachers arose in my life, especially throughout my 20s and 30s when I began to meet Masters from all over the world, especially from India and Tibet.

It was then I really began to understand what spiritual lineage really was. Tibetan Lamas explained to me that lineage comes down thousands of years aura to aura. Just being in the presence of one realized master changes permanently not only the one that comes into the presence of the master but everyone that that  person meets or even comes near the rest of their lives. So, the lineages of blessings of masters go back thousands and thousands of years and are carried directly by the auras of all those who received the auric blessing of being in the presence of the master and anyone they came near and this auric blessing then moved out exponentially. This is kind of how it works.

The Lamas also explained how one might have teachers from many different lineages. So, for example, in the course of ages 5 to 40 one might have studied with 20 or more masters. So, the blessings and lineage of those 20 or more masters permanently changes the life of the one blessed but also the life of anyone that person knows, is related to or anyone they come near to as long as they live. And these blessings go on and on down through time in a never ending way from master to student. And then the student because of the auric blessing often becomes a master and then that new master takes a student and one has to multiply all this thousands of times on and on and on.

No comments: