Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vaccinations?

I'm not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make here other than this was my life experience.

When I was little I was given no vaccinations at all. In California a parent could avoid all vaccinations by saying it was against their religious beliefs. So, the first vaccination I ever had was when I was 15 years of age and an old dog that was half blind bit me that I was trying to make friends with because I was working at that house with my Dad who was an Electrical Contractor. So, I was required by law to have a Tetanus shot here in California then in 1963.

So, if that was the first shot I ever had then next shots I had was to be able to travel to India and Nepal in 1985 when I was 37 years old. Then I had everything you can imagine like Gamma Globulin, a shot for Hepatitis, a shot for Cholera, and a polio shot etc.

I guess when all is said and done what actually happened is that I was okay because of "Herd Immunity" which means that if most people I was around got shots it tended to make me immune too.

But, I did get Whooping cough which I almost died from in 1950 when I was two and I got Chicken Pox when I was 5. And possibly the Whooping cough might have had a little to do with the Blunt Trauma childhood epilepsy that I had from ages 10 to 15. But other than that I was fine all the way to now. In fact, many people have told me that I might actually be healthier than most people because I didn't have to be directly exposed to all these different poisons and toxins along the way in a direct way.

Because I believe like a lot of people that shots might be good for the group even as they harm or kill some individuals along the way. So, to say that, "Vaccinations are good for every individual is only a lie!" To say that vaccinations tend to be good for large groups of people I can  agree with as long as they are prepared and given properly.

No comments: