Monday, October 27, 2014

Mt. Shasta Right now

photo is from the South East side taken near Ash Creek. My friends and I were trying to hike to one of the Ash Creek falls. But, it got too late as we were walking towards it so I turned back so I could still find the truck before it was dark. This is a very remote place and you are 10 to 20 miles likely from the nearest person outside of those in your car.

was taken from the highest level we walked which is likely around 9000 feet on the McCloud and Highway 89 side of the mountain. At this point we were actually closer to Medicine Lake than Highway 89.

the bottom photo isn't of Mt. Shasta but is at about 9000 feet up 4wheel drive roads still accessible and allowed by the Forest Service. I saw this green lichen or moss and it was just so bright and vibrant I was hoping it would show up in the photo. There were so many baby trees at this altitude here also. It was incredibly beautiful up here.

I took all these photos with an Iphone5s and downloaded them to my laptop through Iphoto. One trick my daughter showed me is that Iphoto has now become interfaced with ITunes. So, you have to activate Itunes now to download your Iphotos to your Macbook or Imac. Go figure?

No comments: