Friday, October 31, 2014

Heavy Rain from SF Bay area to Mt. Shasta

 Where I live on the northern California coast this is the biggest rain storm to hit us since about March. So, we have mostly been experiencing heavy drought conditions ever since then. Today it was raining so hard my gutters and downspouts were overflowing on my house here near the beach. So, I also had to go out because flagstone pathways around my house were becoming rivers so I had to get some sand out to reroute the rivers of water away from my house like one would a small rivulet or stream in flooding conditions. So, it's from Famine to feast with this deluge and so I hope all animals and people are going to be okay because it is coming down just so intensely now in this area and to the northeast of us as it heads  up through Santa Rosa on up to Mt. Shasta and points further north and east of us.

However, I also have a French drain several feet deep so we don't get water under the house. It reroutes underground water away to the south around our house towards the South.


No comments: