Saturday, January 31, 2015

beach sand out of your Crocs?

I live near the ocean and so I often wear Crocs to the  beach, walk through salt water at the ocean either with my Crocs or barefoot (especially because of the very warm winter weather this year (wildflowers started blooming January 22nd 2015) here in Northern California near San Francisco.

So, after going to the beach often I need to get sand off my feet before I enter my house so my wife won't yell at me. For example, if I put Crocs on at the beach even if my feet are sandy I can go to my hose in my front yard or on my Redwood Deck in my back yard and wash off the sand from my feet and Crocs.

However, today I discovered something that I felt sort of silly it took me this long to discover. I have been wearing Crocs a lot now for at least around 10 years because they massage my feet so I can keep feeling the bottoms of my feet. This also allows me to walk, run, swim and drive better too at my age of almost 67.

However, what I discovered a few moments ago is running a hose from the heel up towards the toe is better than the other way around because Crocs appear to be designed to shed sand out the front better than out the back because in the back has a little berm at the very back to keep your foot in the shoe while you walk. So, I realized if I stack them against the glass door to the back yard to dry out it is also actually better to dry them toe down against the window door instead of heel down.

It's amazing the things it takes years to realize. But once having discovered these things it makes life a lot easier ever after. (As long as you wear Crocs).

No comments: