Sunday, January 25, 2015

The light shineth in the darkness but the darkness comprehended it not

  1. John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and ... - Bible Hub

    biblehub.com/john/1-5.htm
    Bible Hub
    And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. ... Andthe light shines on in the darknessbut the darkness has not mastered it.
  2. I was curious as to the source of this statement. It was one my mother shared with me a lot growing up. 
  3. I used to visualize a lot of people in a dark cave and someone lighting a torch. I could always hear the people moaning in the dark and tripping and being sad until someone lighted a torch to show them the way out.
  4. I used to think about mankind something like this and that spirituality and compassion and enlightenment and proper education was this fire that lighted their torches so they could see and not moan or struggle anymore and could find their way out of the cave without dying.
  5. I always saw compassion and wisdom and learning as the lighting of this torch before people all killed each other in mistake and fear and mistrust and not understanding their true state.
  6. As soon as the torch was lit they were free of their fears and stopped falling down and dying.
  7. So, to me, as a child this was a very important statement and understanding for civilization to prosper and for people to stay alive and not die long before their time.



No comments: