Saturday, January 31, 2015

Crowded

My son was showing me what "Crowded" brought up in Google Images. I thought I would share this with you:  I can remember things like this truck in places like India or the steam trains in India with people hanging all over them around 1985 and 1986. Can you imagine traveling across a desert in over 100 degrees Fahrenheit like this?
I remember getting on top of a bus in India because the bus wasn't air conditioned and it was hot. So, I and my two older sons got on top of the bus with a friend with the luggage inside the rack. But, then we had to constantly watch tree branches and power lines so we weren't hung or knocked off the bus as we traveled. So, I only did this once because I found it too dangerous for my sons (then 10 and 14) to consider doing this again. You really had to be on top of every single phone or power line or tree branch sweeping you off or hanging you along the way. So, is this picture safe above? What do you think. As you are traveling across the desert if someone fell off would anyone notice or even go back and pick you up? And what happens if you fall asleep and fall off or hit a bump?
However, in many parts of the world this might be the only way to get somewhere.

Note: most of these pictures are attached to a web page somewhere. So, by clicking on individual pictures you might get to the page where these pictures are displayed around the world.

Images may be subject to copyright.Send feedback

No comments: