Friday, January 5, 2018

What do you believe is real?

This may sound like a strange question but whether you live to old age and whether you have a relatively happy life or not depends entirely on what you believe is real.

You might say to me: "Well . Whatever is real is real and I can't make stuff up."

Okay.

What if one person came up to you and said, "The moon is made of green cheese."
What if another person said to you, "I'm a Christian."
What if another person came up to you and said, "I'm a Buddhist."
What if another person came up to you and said, "I'm a Muslim."
What if another person came up to you and said, "I only believe in Science"
What if another person came up to you and said, "I only believe in the military."

Each of these people is telling you what they believe is real.

So, what's the difference what you believe is real?

Everything.

Unless you cultivate a belief system that keeps you alive you won't be for very long.

But, if you want to die young  then go ahead and believe whatever you want to because you will.

This is more important (if you are young)
 than you might presently realize.

How long has your soul been alive. ?

When was your soul created?

How long has it been alive?

And how long will you be alive?

What is real to you?



No comments: