Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Python (programming language) - Wikipedia
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Globalization may soon cease to exist
- The Skunkworks and the Lockheed SR-71
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Celebrating the International Day of Forests
- Wikipedia on Mt. Shasta
- Drove south to Northern California coast yesterday
- Pelosi wants to "Lock Trump Up"
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Declaring an emergency when there isn't one is a bad precedent
---for future presidents as well as for Trump. It just sets the wrong tone completely for this government and all future ones. Whenever something is politically expedient this is what presidents will tend to do when they can't get their favorite projects funded by Congress. This is just really really bad if he does this. Even if nothing really bad happens because of this directly, still indirectly other presidents similar to Trump could really wreak havoc on the populace at some point with contrived emergencies sometime in the future.