This has been quite a windy rainy ride today with winds averaging 20 to 30 miles per hour with gusts up to 50 miles per hour. This evening just after dark all our lights flickered about 10 times but didn't totally go out. I do have a large gasoline generator that I run to keep the food in my refrigerator safe to eat. But, in deference to neighbors I only run it from about 8 or 9 am to about 9 pm when I need to. (I haven't had to yet this season but we'll see what happens the next few months). So, this definitely is the most rain and the most wind. I'm sort of anxious to see what it did to the coast about 1 mile away. The last storm brought seaweed clumps as big as a steer onto shore and threw it across nearby paved roads and onto some people's porches.
It's now 10:20 pm Sunday night and the wind is still howling and we are very lucky still to have power with gusts this high. But, according to the weather radar the rain has mostly passed so it's just high winds and branches and blowing things down the street we have to watch out for. The biggest Things that blew down were in Seattle from this storm. The biggest problem south of us was likely along the Pacific Coast Highway between Oxnard and Malibu where cars (including police cars) stuck in up to 3 feet or more of mud caused by rain on top of the Woolsey Fire previously burned areas.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment