Sunday, September 22, 2019

When you are flying in a passenger plane the air is like 7000 feet altitude on a mountain

So, if you find yourself spaced out or short of breath sometimes this is what is happening. I had an experience flying from Medford to Portland in 2015 just after I had had a burst appendix and emergency laparoscopic surgery because of it that when I flew I was coughing a lot and realized I might pass out from the coughing. So, I asked the flight attendant if they had oxygen on board because I was having trouble getting enough oxygen. The problem with this was that when I arrived in Portland paramedics talked to me and my daughter who was picking me up then took responsibility but argued with me and told me I couldn't rent a car because I was having these problems. So, to keep harmony with my daughter I took a cab to my hotel and then the next day I rented a 2016 brand new Camaro Convertible. I did this to celebrate that I hadn't died during my burst appendix or operation. But, I didn't feel like I was going to live for the next 9 months or so. Finally, when it was Christmas Time and New Years 2016 was coming I realized I likely wasn't going to die from what had happened to me. The PTSD from illnesses and operations is just as serious as the kind you get from war or being a fireman or police man or soldier by the way.

You Don't know what you know until you know it.

NO one can convince you that you are okay when your sense of well being is gone from this kind of stuff.

So, be patient with yourselves through this kind of Medical PTSD stuff because it is really tricky to not only physically survive this stuff but to mentally and emotionally survive it too long term.

No comments: