Saturday, October 26, 2019

Most of my style of writing started about 1980

When I walked into the Tibetan Initiation something changed a lot in my life in Ashland, Oregon. I had never been (while walking around) two places at the same time. So, this I would say began my new style of writing about things like Arcane, Elohar and Ragna, Jonathan (my alter ego) and all the rest.

This style just seemed to blossom and grow automatically after that. But, I didn't publish any of it online at all (there wasn't online then either by the way because it was the 1980s still). But, by 1998 there were places like Geocities where you could get a free website like now and publish things online as long as you could program in HTML and I could already do that.

I never took a class in HTML simply because I had been learning programming languages since Fortran and Cobol in College since 1966 when I  learned to become a computer programmer and operator in college between 1966 and 1968 and worked in the field several places. Then I taught myself Basic Language which was useful in programming Home computers starting with the first home computer (a TRS-80) from radio shack that I bought for 800 dollars then. It only had 4 k of memory (which only worked when it was turned on  then. And if you wanted to save programs you wrote you saved them on cassette tape at that time. By 1980 I began to teach my son who was 6 and my step kids 7 and 8 or 9 how to program their own games on the TRS-80. Eventually we bought an IBM Clone AT in silicon valley and an Epson Color printer for about $2500 dollars then. Then I taught all my kids and wife MS-DOS which was Microsoft's first really effective operating system before they created Windows 95 for home computers.

After I had a heart virus from Fall 1998 to May of 1999 and was forced to retire I promised God I would share the amazing experiences I had had with God during my life because I wasn't sure when I was going to pass on at that point. But, here I am (By God's Grace) still alive and skiing and snorkeling and I still own a KLR 650 Kawasaki Dualsport even though I don't ride it much anymore because I'm 71 and have a hernia caused by a laparoscopic operation on my burst appendix.So, life moves on.

By the way if you have a hernia like me around your belly button area caused by a burst appendix operation, I use a weight lifting belt for support when I ski on mountains or snorkel in the ocean (like at Hawaii. That way it ties all my muscles better together when I get a lot of exercise so I don't hurt myself. I figure I can wear one even underwater while snorkeling like I do too. So, where there's a will there's a way to keep living to the fullest.

How did I teach myself HTML?

Well. likely around 1995 I had Windows 95 on my IBM Clone computer and it operated differently than operating systems do today so I could easily grab a page of Yahoo.com and make a copy of the software so I could play with it to see what different things did then. So, once I had figured out HTML I could write HTML code in various different ways.

LIke the most simple is learning Break and the paragraph signs. Break causes the line of print ti end and Paragraph will start a new paragraph. Links and graphics are more complicated but if you first learn how to use break and paragraph on a software page then you will begin to master the language one step at a time.

However, it is a different world than other types of thinking so if you haven't been exposed to enough of it during your lifetime it can make it much more difficult. It's basically "How natural for you is programming code in various different languages?" How you answer this question will tell people a lot of whether you can easily master another programming language. Because once you master one programming language you can easily master them all too given enough thought and time experimenting with them.

By God's Grace

No comments: