Monday, October 28, 2019

It's presently 36 degrees at 9 am in Portland outside: Brrr!

I know many of you might not think this is very cold (depending upon where you live right now). However, I just came a month ago from Maui and Kauai where it was up to 95 degrees and 90 percent humidity so for me this is very cold to walk around in at present because I'm still getting used to colder temperatures again. Regarding Hawaii I've pretty much decided I'm not going back there until November the next time I go there because it is just too hot for me personally and also for my wife to consider doing that anymore. I don't like it more than 85 degrees or 90 at most. I sort of feel for locals in Hawaii as the temperatures get hotter and hotter. Because most people who actually live in Hawaii do not have air conditioning because electricity is mostly too expensive for them to do that. But, then again they are also more adapted to very hot and humid conditions much more than people from California like me who are used to warmer temperatures but much much drier so it is more survivable than really humid hot temperatures. Recently after I returned humidity was as low as 8% near where I live in the greater SF Bay Area. This is also why in addition to 80 mph winds there are many fires going on now and also there has been no rain since may of 2019 at this point either in most of California.

No comments: