Thursday, April 30, 2020

I learned to be an electrician starting at age 12 years old in the summers: starting 1960

Though my father and mother wanted me to go to college they weren't sure I would be able to because of Blunt Trauma childhood epilepsy starting at age 10 from a concussion. However, at the time we didn't know the cause of my night time seizures and no one could tell us anything really even doctors at that point because knowledge on the subject was so limited at the time and detailed conversations with doctors often did not take place then either for whatever the reason.

So, my father decided to train me as an electrician because he owned his own electrical contracting business and so could do that and he started paying me about $2.50 an hour which was well over 2 times the minimum wage then in cash which allowed me to pay for both our SCUBA licenses and a trip to Catalina Island as Certified SCUBA divers around this time too which I loved. I remember going down to 50 feet down the anchor chain of the Dive Boat then and looking up and the dive boat at Emerald Cove off of Catalina Island then around 1962 when I was 14 looked like it was as high as a telephone pole or higher because I was 50 feet deep with a Scuba Tank on my back. Another diver had a problem with his regulator and was leaking air so I showed him the air leaking and he went back up to the surface before he had a problem and died down there. So he corrected the problem and lived. My father got motion sickness that day and never SCUBA dived on the dive boat because he got sea sick. I didn't ever get sea sick until I was about 30 years old either. So, now I have to be careful on boats swaying especially at anchor in rougher seas myself.

So, starting out as an electrician I remember my first job which was a remodel of an existing house. It was an old house and my father had me climb under the house and climb through cat poo and black widow spider webs under the house and pull electrical cables which saved him hundreds of dollars so he made much more money on the job than he expected on the contract that day.

Even the first day my father saw how valuable I could be there helping him. I was only about 5 foot 2 inches tall at 12 but a year later I was 5 foot 10 by age 13. By 13 I had learned to handle a 1 horse power electric drill with a 2 to 3 foot long one inch auger drill bit where if you hit a nail in a 2 by 4 in a wall it could injure you pretty bad so you had to be careful that the drill didn't smash you against the wall and break your arm or wrist while drilling. So, I developed techniques doing this so I wouldn't have to go to the hospital with a broken arm.

There were other hazards as well like getting shocked while working on hot circuits because sometimes you are working in a business instead of a home where electrical circuits have to be left on for workers there. So then you have to work circuits hot so then often you get a lot of shocks or you spark wires against a metal box installing them and get temporarily blinded by the sparks or the copper spatters like an arc welder or adheres to a metal box or other wire and then you have to cut it loose with a pair of pliers. But usually the shocks were only the 110 AC variety because 220 or above can easily kill you. So, working on hotter and stronger voltage we tried not to do because it might be fatal during an error of some kind.

I learned to think very logically and methodically because if I didn't I could easily die doing this kind of work. It was very good training for all aspects of my life as far as learning to stay alive doing dangerous things. It also made me proud that I could do all these things and be coordinated and tall and strong and learn to meet people like actors in Los Angeles in their homes or businesses and to meet all sort of recording artists and Recording Studio owners and workers and stuff like this and other contractors and businessmen all the time doing this, especially summers and some weekends while growing up.

In my junior year in high school there was a program called the 4-4 plan which meant you took 4 subjects and then worked in your trade you were apprenticing into for 4 hours. and then I took my American History class that summer. In the spring of 1964 I was 16 so by Fall of 1964 I could take the 4-4 plan for a year at that point. I enjoyed getting out of high school at noon and going to whatever Job My Dad was working on in my 1956 Ford STation wagon I called my "Surf Wagon" then that I had reversed the rear shackles on so the car was on a rake. In other words the rear end was higher than the front which could be tricky turning a corner because if you went too fast your center of gravity in the rear of the car was too high and your rear tires might skid out from under you. But, I was just a 16 year old kid then. What did I know?

By age 17 I could electrically wire a whole house if someone just showed me the plans. I wasn't a full fledged contractor yet because I couldn't draw up plans for wiring a house or business yet. My father as a contractor drew up detailed drafting architects plans for every job before he did this and would get the plans approved by cities and counties before he did the jobs often. There are symbols for switches and plugs and the like that are used for plans like this.And everything is drawn to scale for a house or business.

My night time seizures stopped at age 15 suddenly when I invoked God to come live with me in my body. This drastically changed my life with God living in my body with me all the time by the way.

So, I was able to go to college because of my seizures ending at age 15. But, this also created other problems because my parents were also Mystical Christian ministers so I had been trained to be a Creationist in my thinking. So, when I took a Social Science Class at Glendale College it upset me because I was also always clairvoyant and realized most of the class believed in Darwinism and this upset me a lot.

It took me a few years to realize by 21 that Darwin's theory and Creationism are both theories and that I didn't need to necessarily believe in either theory because neither was absolutely proven.

By thinking with Critical thinking like you learn in college I didn't have to believe in anything that I hadn't completely proved for myself. Thinking this way has kept me alive ever since.

You don't believe things because people tell you stuff. You believe things because you have proven them for yourself like an engineer or good college student would.

Otherwise, you are just another ignorant fool here on earth! This is a painful truth but the way things actually are all over earth always!

But, I still believe in God and Jesus and Angels because they are a 24 hour a day actual living experience in my life always.

Being clairvoyant has its advantages. But, one also has to learn to protect oneself spiritually as well in all this. I do this by surrounding myself with thousands of angels who protect me.

If you want Angels to protect you you have to act in a way that allows them to live with you. In other words you have to have complete integrity and honesty and sincerity in your life. But, remember not everyone human deserves your truth. Only people you fully trust deserve your truths. So, be very careful what you say to people in your life.

Learning this is everything in staying spiritually and physically safe always in the Heart of God.

By God's Grace

No comments: