Sunday, April 26, 2020

My vision quest of no water and no food for 4 days or 96 hours in the early 1980s

This experience really changed my life a lot. How?

I realized that we are much much more as humans than most people realize and yet we are also very vulnerable much more than people realize as human beings.

So, the vision quest put into perspective these two things and made me much more practical than I was before in all ways.

Sometimes people who are out of touch with reality might get terrified being around someone like me. Because I totally know who I am and they might not know who they are.

When you are solid and know who you are and know your place in the universe you have respect for all beings, even if some are children pretending to be adults. You have respect for all life so you are always the adult in the room even if no one else is at the time.

You have integrity even when no one else does that is present.

At the time of the vision quest my mind screamed at me for 2 days time things like "You are going to Die! This is crazy! No water or food! You are going to die!" But, I stayed disciplined and praying with only a sleeping bag and a ground cloth to protect from moisture and dew at night or rain. One night it did rain and I dug the sand out from under a port orford cedar tree that was fallen and about 3 to 4 feet in diameter and put my sleeping bag under where I dug the sand out from under the tree and  draped my ground cloth to keep out the rain. I did the vision quest next to the Trinity River about 5 miles from the nearest human being and 10 or 15 miles from the nearest paved road. So, it was a very wild place in a Bear Wallow where bears sometimes go. I thought I heard them sometimes but it's hard to say because when you are not drinking water or eating food you are going to see and hear all sorts of things after about 2 days time especially at night without any lights on.

The 2nd night of no water or food I experienced being a great Golden Dragon that breathed out golden fire on people. I was terrified when this happened because this kind of thing was more real than being normally alive is. So, I was terrified that the fire from my mouth would burn people up and that they would die.

But, instead they became enlightened from my golden fire and smiled in amazement and enlightenment.

I realize now God was sharing my path in this way. But, then I was just terrified and overwhelmed with the whole thing. I had other visions too but this specific vision led me to studying with Tibetan lamas in the U.S. in California and Oregon and in India and Nepal during the next 5 years or so and sponsoring Geshe Lobsang Gyatso and his translator to come to the U.S. to teach Tibetan Buddhism here mostly in Northern California.

So, my vision quest was God leading me to study Tibetan Buddhism in my life which led to my family and I going to India and Nepal and Thailand and Japan for 4 months from December 1985 to April of 1986.

By God's Grace

No comments: