Wednesday, April 29, 2020

someone is still cloning my computer identity

I get a notice now almost every time I log onto my computer that someone is cloning my identity number to my computer. If you don't know what I'm talking about it is the number that your computer or device uses as it's identity when it goes out online. This might change on any given day for a variety of reasons but that day usually the identity will stay the same. It's how the government or criminals or police worldwide can track your movements and where and what you are sending and receiving worldwide unless you are an expert hacker who hides where they are through various means. However, I do not consider myself to be a hacker because that is not the direction I ever took in my life. Hackers didn't even exist when I grew up and went to college because I started learning computer languages like Fortran and Cobol in 1966 in College at Glendale College then and until the mid 1970s worked off and on in the computer field as a programmer and computer operator and in various ways. After that I became more of a computer hobbiest and taught my children the Basic Language on the TRS-80 my first home computer starting in 1978. I also later taught my kids MS-DoS which was one of microsoft's first really good operating systems for home computers.

Though it is much more common that people (especially criminals) clone cell phones of all kinds which is how sometimes you receive phone calls or your friends and relatives do from your phone even when you haven't called them and have no record of a butt dial from your phone.So, just because you see your phone number coming in somewhere doesn't mean it is you or anyone you know for sure.

The Computer ID is a 16 character, alphanumeric code based on your computer's network device and other attributes of the computer. The Computer ID is generated by Origin to identify your computer for licensing purposes only. ... Run Origin.Feb 4, 2015

People also ask

Web results

Jul 1, 2019 - I am trying to activate my National Instruments (NI) software with a serial number or a license file. Where can I find my computer ID? How do I ...
Apr 25, 2017 - To find the computer ID (also called the MAC address or physical address), follow the steps outlined below: On the lower left of the screen, ...

No comments: