Saturday, April 25, 2020

Power Outage last night

My wife and I were watching a movie I had recorded called "Hunter Killer" which is a pretty good nuclear submarine movie with Gerard Butler by the way made in 2018 and suddenly the power went out. Luckily, since the power goes out a couple of times a year where we live from a minute to a week at a time because of big trees that can blow down or people having car accidents and knocking down power poles or whatever  we were very surprised at the power outage with no wind or storm around at all then. So, we have these plug in rechargeable flashlights that automatically go on in a power outage around our house so we weren't injured in the dark. The one in the kitchen went on immediately as well as the one in the hallway to our bedroom. So, I went and unplugged it to use it as a light source (the one plugged in near the kitchen sink) and got a battery operated lantern going too which gave us more light. Then I walked into the living room to get a candle that was used at a dinner we had here for family before the coronavirus and lit that one too and put it on our dining room table. Then I walked into the bedroom and turned on two lanterns that were battery powered there as well. My wife and I were preparing about 1/2 an hour later for the power to be out the rest of the night when two things happened. First the lights went back on and we got an automated call from the power company that they would have the power on by 1:30 AM. However, it was already on at around I think 10:30pm. It turned out almost 13,000 people shared the same power outage with us last night and my wife noticed that our neighbors across the back fence were still out so we must be on a different circuit than they are on from the power company.

No comments: