My favorite experience with a fairy diddle was in Mt. Shasta during the 1980s. I had already built my A-Frame house on my 2 1/2 acres of land about 20 acres away from the nearest house and land. So, our land was bordered on all sides with unfenced open land for acres to miles depending upon the direction. The forest had and has trees of Port Orford Cedar (huge ones) and pines and White Fir and Oak trees and streams and brooks that run most or all of the year depending upon how much it rained that year. So, this one morning I woke up early and it was cold and crisp outside and the three kids were still asleep. So, I ventured outside so as not to wake anyone up in the new crisp morning air.
As I wandered around the land it was especially pristine this morning and I felt the hand of God in the Wilderness especially that morning because I was the only human awake for what seemed like miles and it was quiet the way it can only get in a remote forest. As I wandered around soaking in the pristine nature of everything I started to hear the now familiar chatter of a fairy diddle scolding me to leave his area.
They have this behavior that is quite comical from a human point of view at least where they stand upside down at around 10 feet up the trunk of a port orford Huge Cedar Tree in this case which was at least 4 feet or more in diameter while screaming out a loud cacophony of sounds that would wake up the dead (literally). I could do nothing but walk up close to this little culprit and laugh and laugh and laugh at the absurdity of the situation.
It was one of the best laughs I had had in a long time and when I finally walked away I felt somehow renewed and able to go on with my life after feeling sort of reborn in the sight of God! Here is an article about fairy diddles:
Pictures of Fairy Diddles
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment