Monday, August 30, 2021

Despite the dryness inland, here on the northern California coast there is water on my deck in my backyard

 Our Corgi dog loves to lap up the water on the deck in the morning as it is off the ocean in the form of mist and fresh. So, if she has a choice she will always go lap up the deck water off the ocean. Because of this plants in forests and wild plants and trees everywhere in the coastal forest I live in near the ocean are green and okay despite the extreme dryness and fires inland now burning towards Lake Tahoe with Lake Tahoe residents evacuating along with tourists because they cannot breathe right with so much smoke in the air at over 6000 feet in altitude there. It's also one reason why I'm not up in Mt. Shasta now is because the smoke plus the 3500 feet or more altitude there is too much for me at this age presently 73. I used to go through summers when I lived there in the 1970s and 1980s especially breathing the smoke from fires. But now, the fires are so plentiful it's sort of ridiculous just like what climate change is doing worldwide now including the worst storm since the 1850s hitting Louisiana and the gulf states right now Hurricane Ida.

I'm not sure ridiculous is the right word. Maybe the right word is sad for the human race at the continuing loss of life everywhere from global climate changes.

No comments: