Sunday, August 29, 2021

I wanted to write more about "The Chair" a series on Netflix but the software attacked my page when I tried

:) That's a smiley face in case you haven't seen one before. What I mean by this is that I'm joking a little in my title.

I think like I fantasized about being a College professor mostly because I'm very good at public speaking a lot of my life. However, it tends to not pay very well and I don't always play well with others because I'm an out of doors man like my father and grandfather. I don't usually do well working in offices because then people lie to you a lot and I got used to growing up working with my father in Contracting doing electrical work building houses and offices and warehouses a lot where your word is your bond and if you lie to people you just expect someone to hit you and knock you down and you might never get up.

So, it's sort of like in the 1950s and 1960s too it was like working with soldiers maybe where fisticuffs could happen easily if you weren't totally straight with the men about everything you were doing.

However, in offices I found people can say literally anything to you and you cannot hit them or knock them out if they lie and are horrid to you. Different rules.

I likely would have had the same problem with being a College professor too after my experience working on Construction jobs with my Dad from about age 12 in the summers in his Electrical Contracting business.

So, though I fantasize about being a college professor it might be too much like working in an office where verbally anything often goes with no consequences at all. So, I wouldn't likely have stayed doing that very long anyway.

It's hard to say at this point because I started businesses instead just like my father, one uncle, my grandfather and my great Grandfather. This seemed to suit be better anyway.

The premise being: "Nothing ventured nothing gained". 

In other words if you don't ever take any risks you might never have any life at all.

It's just learning the right risks and opportunities to take. This usually takes people living to 25 to 28 years of age to become successful at all these things enough to start a business and making it work and succeed.

By God's Grace

No comments: