Thursday, November 17, 2022

What is a Shaman?

 I suppose there might be many different definitions for this word. It comes from Russian I believe originally.

The definition I relate to the most I learned in an Anthropology class at Palomar College around 1971 when I attended there in San Marcos, California near Escondido and San Diego. Here is the basic definition then in my textbook at that time:

"A Shaman is someone who has psychologically died but their body stays alive. This creates a person who lives in both the world of the living and the world of the dead at the same time. Often this kind of people can help heal people because of straddling two worlds."

When I read this I immediately identified with it because of almost physically dying (and psychologically dying not only from whooping cough at age 2 but also from seizures associated with a concussion from ages 10 to 15 at night often when I was asleep. I also almost physically died from both these things and they both changed me psychologically into a shaman.

One of the effects for me personally is I got used to "coming back from the dead" which now has happened many times to me in my life. The key to this is: "Let Go and Let God" which was something my mother and her mother said to me a lot in life. My grandmother had a Scottish Brogue and I was encouraged when I talked about seeing angels as a child. My mother and grandmother simply told me: "Don't talk about this to anyone but us." In this way I kept my spiritual gifts into adulthood and even now am gifted at 74.

IF you are a shaman I would recommend "Always Traveling with God's Angels".

By God's Grace

PS Jesus and Buddha were shamans too.

If you study their lives you will understand this too. Also, Saint Francis of Asisi was also a Shaman.


No comments: