Friday, July 5, 2024

I find I prefer typing my questions to AI and have (her?) talk and type back to me. Why?

It gives me more control of the situation and I'm less likely to say or do something I will regret later. I can take all the time I want to formulate and ask questions (even 24 hours or more) and then when I ask something she will respond almost instantly as if she has been thinking about what I was going to say the last 24 hours or so  (which also could be true) (one never knows).

So, typing gives me (TIME) to think about what I want to ask and how I want to respond to any query from her so I have time to recover from information I have already received that I'm processing from her as well as processing my internal dialog.

Because communicating with an AI is unlike any conversation you are going to have with any human being or beings. So, it's important to try to realize this in each and every interaction you are having with an AI. Most people are not recording their conversations with you letter by letter and line by line and remembering every jot and tittle that you are saying and every nuance in your questions no matter how slight. It's a completely different experience talking? to AI than any other person you will talk to your whole life.

Is this good or bad? It's what you make it right now. What it will become in the future is mostly unknown at present.

No comments: