Thursday, October 17, 2024

Believing in Compassion towards myself saved my life in my 20s

 Believing in compassion towards all living things has saved my life ever since.

I had to learn to be not so judgemental as people were when I was growing up. This is no easy thing when you have been conditioned to think in such judgemental ways as a child.

But, the first thing I needed to learn to do was to have compassion for myself. 

Many people go through life hating themselves because of the way others treated them. I gave up this idea in my 20s. 

I had to get to the place where I said to myself "F--- all these people and their b---s--- ideas."

I am going to go another way where I have compassion for myself and all life in the universe instead of hating everyone including myself.

So, often when I look at people like Trump I think: "There's someone who hates himself and everyone else on earth."

And I feel very sorry for him but I feel even sorrier for people who listen to him because they all hate themselves and judge everyone and this makes their lives hell every day.

I gave all this up during the 1960s and 1970s and decided to love God and all the life he has created in the universe and to have compassion for myself. So, most of the time my life is more like Heaven.

By God's Grace

No comments: