Saturday, October 5, 2024

Do people who die unexpectedly in different situations know that they are dead?

 This is a very interesting question for all of us if we believe in an afterlife. And if you don't know or believe that you are dead you might not call in the angels to take you to the nearest heaven also. I was thinking about the movie "The 6th sense" with Bruce Willis where this happens then when the little boy says: "I see dead people" which is one of the most famous sayings in movies sort of like the "I'll be Back" in The 1984 Terminator movie.

A friend of mine in 2006 knew he was dead and asked me to come get his body but I didn't believe he was dead (because who wants to deal with a life long friend being dead and asking this of us?) So, I disregarded what he told me because I didn't want my friend to be dead. I didn't want to deal with anything like this at all. Besides I was in Bishop at a Rodeo where my wife's best friend's daughter was a High School Barrel Rider going for the state finals in Rodeo Riding. Being 2006 we had cell phones but not smart phones yet. But, my friend and I had a mutual friend from Church growing up in the same church and she called me on my cell phone and said she believed Richard has passed on. I told her I didn't believe he was gone but I would call his 7 phone numbers (including his car phones) to see if he was okay. After 24 or more hours and not hearing from him I called his sister who I used to date at age 17 who was now married and living in Texas that it was possible that Richard had passed away.

When she couldn't get him by phone either she called the police and they broke into his house and he had been dead then for 8 days in his bed at home. So, he had actually come to me to tell me he was dead alone at home in the Los Angeles area where we both grew up but I couldn't deal with what he came and said to me.

So, I was upset with myself that I hadn't gone and discovered his body as he wanted. However, would I really want to do that even for my friend?

I personally wouldn't want to have seen my friend dead for a week or more because of what happens to human bodies when they start decomposing. You know what I mean?

So, looking back from now I think I did the right thing at each and every point for my own survival on all levels. Then his sister came out from Texas and had a funeral for him since she like me is a trained Minister in the church the 3 of us were raised in so my son who was  in his late 20s then went with me to this funeral in the Los Angeles area which was very helpful to me. Because he was the first of my good friends to die like this and it was even more poignant for me because I had almost died myself from 1998 to 1999.

So, did I answer the question in the title? No. Instead I helped myself process my own grief. However, I presently believe that when some people die unexpectedly from whatever that they don't know they are dead for sure except that most people cannot hear them when they speak to them. This is what I presently believe is true.

It's sort of like the movie "Ghost" with Demi Moore. this is the closest to my experience of the after death world that I have seen so far.
begin quote:

Ghost
PG-13
1990 ‧ Romance/Thriller ‧ 2h 8m
OverviewCastWatch movieReviewsQuotes
People also ask
Feedback
Ghost is a 1990 American supernatural romance film directed by Jerry Zucker from a screenplay by Bruce Joel Rubin, and starring Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, ...
Ghost: Directed by Jerry Zucker. With Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, Tony Goldwyn, Stanley Lawrence. After a young man is murdered, his spirit stays behind to ...
(240,567)
Trailers & clips
Demi Moore Says She Has Clay Pots Made with Patrick Swayze ...
30 Timeless Secrets About Ghost
Ghost demi moore hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy
Ghost Anniversary: 20 Things You Didn't Know
Molly Finally Believes - Ghost (9/10) Movie CLIP (1990) HD
Audience rating summary
5
4
3
2
1
4.5
511 ratings
Audience reviews
I adore "Ghost." It's a film that masterfully combines romance and glamour, sometimes even simultaneously. It skillfully melds sentimentality with the supernatural. The production values impress, with excellent special effects, costumes, lighting, sets, and cinematography. The ...
More audience reviews (263)
Patrick Swayze plays a ghost who teams up with a psychic (Whoopi Goldberg) to uncover the truth behind his murder - and to rescue his sweetheart (Demi Moore) ...
(9,973) · $8.59 · ‎30-day returns
"Ghost" is an emotionally charged thriller drama. It tells the story of banker Sam Wheat (Patrick Swayze) and his girlfriend Molly Jensen (Demi Moore), on the ...
(79)
Ghost is about after a young man is murdered, his spirit stays behind to warn his lover of impending danger, with the help of a reluctant psychic.
Amazon.com: Ghost : Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, Whoopi Goldberg, Tony Goldwyn, Stanley Lawrence, Christopher J. Keene, Susan Breslau, Martina Deignan, Rick ...
(9,973) · $15.44 · ‎30-day returns
All times are in Pacific Time
Date
Channel
Today, 5 PM
Flix (East)
Today, 8 PM
Flix (West)
Mon, 10/7, 11 PM
Pop
Thu, 10/10, 9:20 AM
TMC (East)
Thu, 10/10, 12:20 PM
TMC (West)
Sep 3, 2024Demi Moore is weighing in on Channing Tatum's proposed remake of "Ghost" and whether she'd ever appear in a new version of the hit 1990 ...
People also search for
Watch movie
EDIT SERVICES
Already watched
All watch options


No comments: