Friday, October 4, 2024

If a whole bunch of people believe something does that make it true?

From my personal point of view my answer would be: "No!" However, in some ways I might be a minority here if I look at people around the world who believe all sorts of things by the millions or even by the billions.

What is more important to me is: "What do I believe is true?"

Because I live my life by what I believe is true.

Do I expect you to believe all the same things as me. No. Not at all.

But, this is the old college method where you debate with other people like in College about what you believe (if you are brave enough to do this) and then you hone your beliefs by confronting other people regarding their beliefs in a safe place to do this which is in college in some situations like in some class discussions in various subjects.

So, If I were to ask groups of people: "If a whole bunch of people believe something does that make it true?"

They might agree with me by saying: "No. That's not true. However, agreeing with them about whatever it is in the short or long run also might save your life as well depending upon what it is they believe."

This is especially true as you travel the world in non-Christian secular countries. Otherwise you might not be alive tomorrow there wherever you are on earth at the time.

No comments: