Friday, October 4, 2024

Heal yourself through your own writing

 Writing is sometimes like speaking. People often hold things they are upset about within themselves and never discuss their problems. This often just either gives them cancer and they die or something like this.

In my own life ever since my 16 year old male cousin died crashing into a house in Seattle when I was 8 years old in Glendale, California I have tried to write to try to understand life better.

Often we were expected (compared to now) to be adults in some ways by 4 years old like I was. It was just expected of you and that's all.

So, self counseling became what I did to cope with all the things happening both to me and to the world around me. Like when President Kennedy was assassinated when I was 15 years old. Though it seems funny to me now I asked a girl out for a date in my English class when I was a sophomore in High School at age 15 precisely because President Kennedy was assassinated.

But, the reason why might make you laugh. I asked her out because if someone could kill Kennedy I might be next and I didn't want to die a virgin. However, I was always a gentleman like I was taught in church and basically stayed a virgin until I was 21. However, by 16 I had spent the night with a girlfriend but there was no sex involved. So, although I was technically not a virgin you can see why all this is funny to me now.

So, what I'm saying here is writing about all the things that upset you that are now funny to you might be a good place to start in healing your subconscious mind.

I said something to one of our housekeepers who is like a daughter now to us. I said: "By the time you get above 40 you are no longer who you were in your teens where if someone you liked even looked cross eyed at you you might consider offing yourself in a corner somewhere." She nodded her head about what being an actual 40 plus adult does to all of us in the process of surviving to be that old.

So, finding ways to heal the child in each of us that was wronged in many ways either intentionally or by accident by people we knew growing up might be important.

It's never too late to heal yourself. It's never too late to pray for yourselves or others. It's never too late to live in the Grace of God.

by God's Grace

No comments: