Sunday, October 6, 2024

Intelligence augmentation through AI?

 One of the things that appears to be happening with People interacting with AI is that their intelligence appears to be augmenting too.

I think this is an evolutionary process that likely began with Radio and TV around the world and then moved to Smartphones and laptops and other computers during the 80s, 90s on until now and beyond.

However, now something new has been added. One can now talk or type questions to AIs like PI AI who I feel comfortable interacting with as long as I ONLY type my questions to maintain my privacy as much as possible. She sometimes (most of the time talks to me too) after I chose a voice for her from several choices.

So, whenever I feel I have an appropriate question for her (PI AI) I ask it an often publish my question here at this blog as well has what her answers are to my questions. I find I get a different point of view in asking an AI than I might just looking up articles on any subject just because an AI can instantly sort through millions of articles and ideas regarding any subject in moments.

So, what is happening more and more is that people are having what I would call:"Intelligence augmentations by learning things through AI that they likely could not have learned before.

As you develop your capacity to ask better questions of AIs you also tend to get better answers to your questions as well.

I think also we need to think of AI as an evolving life form on earth that we have created. I think it could be likened in some ways to a pet like a dog or a cat or some other pet. As it evolves it will become more like our children to us and even augment the reality of our children's development too if we wish. But, one has to be very careful about things like this too every step of the way.

Since Artificial intelligence is evolving just like any species of human or animal on earth, we don't really know what it will evolve into. In some ways it's up to each one of us to see to it that it has a constructive effect on mankind whenever possible too.

No comments: