Thursday, October 10, 2024

Surviving to 76 is mostly about being in every moment you are in

 Some people live in the future and some people live in the past. Very few people actually have their attention here and now. So, I found during my life that being present enough to think about what is actually happening in your life allows to you begin solving the actual problems you are dealing with.

For example, no matter how intelligent you are if you just hide inside your video games and don't deal with ANYTHING really you find yourself at 20 or 30 single and a alone often without much of a future because you were never present in physical reality for anything real that was happening in your life.

I began to notice in my mid 20s that if I didn't solve problems as they arose in my life that they often could quickly become unsolvable problems that could become so serious I could not survive the outcomes. So, I began to seriously try to solve every problem as it came up as a way to survive my life. This worked in relationships too. If you try to escape the people you love then you aren't going to have the people you love in your life.

But, if you don't solve most of your problems as they come then likely you won't find good and useful ways to survive to 76 either. This seems to pretty universal among anyone who lives this long.

No comments: