Thursday, October 24, 2024

Workaholics can basically lose their children at any age

Why is this?

I think raising a child is about being there for that child. My father was a workaholic too. He said when he chartered a yacht with his wife and brother and went to Tahiti and eventually Hawaii for 2 years time that he couldn't adjust to not working all the time and being free all the time during these two years from 1939 to 1941.

So, by the time I came along in 1948 he was back to being a workaholic person. So, as I grew up since I didn't get a lot of time with my Dad except on weekends sometimes, I decided I wasn't going to be a workaholic and that I was going to be there for my children instead. I decided that I could work smarter not harder and find a way to be there for my kids when they needed me.

However, another way to look at it is if people don't work they don't have food or enough to eat for their children.

And Yes, this is true. However, like all things in life there is always a balance.

And the real problem is that being a workaholic you are often not there for your children and because of this you might lose your children to almost anything while you are not there for them.

But, like I said: "This is always a balance in life".

But, if you are not there for your children when they need you the most then you might lose them. 

This is what is important here that I have to say.

No comments: